Have you been waiting to take advantage of TC3’s diverse curriculum? With more than 125,000 people in the technical workforce trained, now is a great opportunity to see how TC3’s training can impact you and your organization.
Both of these courses are available at no cost and are a part of our robust 120-course curriculum!
Trenchless technologies involve methods of new pipe installations that are designed to limit disruptions to surrounding facilities both above and below ground. These technologies are particularly suited for installing or replacing utilities in the highway right-of-way to avoid road closures, traffic delays, drainage issues, and safety concerns.
Trenchless technology is a progressive civil engineering process used to install and rehabilitate underground utilities when open-cut excavations are impossible or undesirable. Traditional methods include the digging of a trench; trenchless technologies are the alternative to this approach.
Upon completion of this 5.5-hour course, participants will be able to:
- Explain what trenchless technology is and when it is used;
- Describe the evolution of trenchless technology;
- Describe the different trenchless technology applications for new installations;
- List the capabilities/limitations of different trenchless technology methods;
- Identify which trenchless technology should be used in a given situation;
- Explain site investigation goals, methods, and outcomes;
- Describe basic requirements for permitting;
- List best practices for completing permits for trenchless technology projects;
- Describe general guidelines for trenchless technology construction;
- Describe the trenchless construction inspection activities to be performed by the inspector and contractor;
- List construction practices the inspector should be aware of for each trenchless application;
- Describe the risks associated with trenchless technology projects; and
- Explain the difference between plans and as-built drawings.
This training was funded through the Iowa DOT and will remain a no-cost training for as long as the curriculum is live!
It takes considerable effort from various groups to make safety hardware perform to its intended purpose of saving lives and reducing injuries. The results of improper guardrail design, installation, or maintenance can be catastrophic. This is why we developed this new training series — to explain the critical features of safety devices so you can make informed decisions.
This course provides information on the correct procedures for the maintenance and repair of guardrails.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain why proper maintenance and repairs are important;
- Define the levels of damage used to describe guardrail conditions;
- Describe basic inspection procedures and what you should look for when inspecting a guardrail;
- Explain how repairs are made, including the critical actions prior to making the repair;
- Determine if an inspection is needed post guardrail repair and what to look for; and
- List the information included in the repair record.
This training will remain a no-cost training through January 2017.